Tech-Forum
Scrooby

A first look at the NEW Apple Watch Series 4

With apple's keynote over 2 weeks old, the new devices that we've come to love are selling out all over the world. It's fair to say Apple did a great job on these. 

As someone who uses Apple devices all the time, I've come to know how they operate and how they continue to impress me every day. Recently, I had purchaced the Apple watch Series 4 in Space gray and decided to write a review to see how you guys would react, and if it changes your view on the watch itself!

Firstly, I'm going to cover the device and it's functionality in the real world.

I've had the watch just over 3 days now and quite frankly it's somthing that I feel good wearing, with the large enough screen (44mm) is perfect for everything. Just to see who's calling or to find out if you have any meetings you need to be at, it can be great in all these situations. Speaking of the screen, apple have made the screen 30% bigger removing borders around the edge of the watch (similar to the series 3) and making the screen more user friendly, another great thing apple are great at. The watch is also slimmer than the series 3, personally I don't notice it but I can feel the fit is more comforting with the series 4.

Now for the hyped performance.

As apple has just released there new S4 and A12 Chip's for iPhone and Apple Watches, it's fair to say there is a diffrence. The technical specs are 64x dual core S4 processor which is up to 2x faster than the previous versions i.e the Series 3,2 and 1. Although this is not noticable when reviewing a calander, it is noticiable when launching an app, and seeing that speed diffrence when you need it is a great benefit to the Apple Watch. 

The new sensors.

Apple released some more features to this watch than any of the previous ones, really giving us a sight to the future. They've added an electrical heart sensor, aswell as a second-gen optical heart sensor, which I don't use that often... but will definetly come in handy both in emergencies or fitness needs. Along with this, they've also added the fall detection which is a great feature to add when a watch is usually on you at 90% of your working day. Still on the device is the digital crown to cycle through meetings, or just to navigate around the watch. To my supprise, it also slightly vibrates with the new haptic feedback system implamented into the device which in my opinon is a great addition to the watch.

The rest of the device.

Battery - Last's a long time from what I can tell, only charged it once in 3 days so very good!

Wi-fi - Haven't really lost signal anywhere, and can always access everything I need.

Water Resistance - I don't trust myself to submerge it so I won't be doing that, but I trust apple enough to belive it does go down to 50m. 

GPS - Not really had to use it, but looks very similar to the Series 3 GPS. 

Colour Options - It's a no brainer for me with the space gray, but there are both Steel and Aluminum finishes to choose from, so plenty of options!

OVERALL OPINON:

My overall opinon on the 3 days I've had the watch are very favourable for Apple. I've enjoyed using the watch for both practical reasons and physical reasons but I don't really use it to it's full capacity but I know features are there if I ever need it. 

Functionality - 9/10

Design - 9/10 (Psst... Apple make a bezeless design please)

Price - 7/10 (Very expensive for a watch)

Apple is an excellent company, Except they are too pricey for what they deliver.  

I personally have used a series 4 and oh my, It's one of the best devices i have ever had. Definitely a recommended purchase if someone is looking to buy this and having second thoughts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, /slash/ said:

Apple is an excellent company, Except they are too pricey for what they deliver.  

I personally have used a series 4 and oh my, It's one of the best devices i have ever had. Definitely a recommended purchase if someone is looking to buy this and having second thoughts.

I totally agree! I never had a watch before so I can't really say but I have seen the watches. It's just my fingers are to big.

Nice review, considering upgrading my current apple watch now.

Do a review on the earpods?